Thursday 6 December 2012

Existing product research


Existing product research:


Anuvahood is a movie I am researching about and this is the same target audience as my TV programme. It is an urban movie and the language and the costume they use in it would be the same as my TV programme. It starts off with a close up of the main character and two other boys which are having a dialogue. But the movie doesn’t get to the title sequence after all the action and the boy leaves. The sound is a conversation between three characters and then it changes to the main character confronting someone else. This movie has a similar target audience as my programme and for this reason I am researching about them. They young people would watch this because they might know a friend or they might act like this. And the film shows the comedy side to it and how people live in those types of areas.


I am also using a programme on YouTube called ‘mandem on the wall’ and this also has the same genre and target audience as the TV programme I am making. It starts with a 45 second title sequence and films every character; it has music related to the show and sets the show up for the audience. It has a long shot of every character to show what they are wearing and what they are doing at that moment. Although this show doesn’t have that much media recognition it would be the sort of thing I would make because they use the right camera shots and it would reflect how my show would look.



The inbetweeners is a show I am researching about as well, because it has the same audience as my show. It starts with a 30 second title sequence and gives a glimpse of all 4 main characters, which is a hint that the show is based on the. Inbetweeners is for young people and maybe which are in school that enjoy comedy. It appeals to them for different reasons because they might relate to some of the characters or the situations they go through while in school. It also could be someone that is trying to find themselves that is young and wants to relate to someone. Older people could watch this as well maybe if they have children which are young adults. Or if they just want to understand young adults more and want to have something with comedy.



The fourth show I am researching about is Fresh meat although this show doesn’t have the same target audience as my show. It is a low budget show which is similar to my programme and the camera shots they use are what I’m looking for. Older viewers would watch this show so they can understand what students at university go through. Younger viewers would watch this so they know that they aren’t the only ones that are going through problems at university. It is an urban show and you can see this by the camera shots, it is not a big budget show but very affective and I would want my programme to replicate this.


My last show is about waterloo road and this show uses many different camera angles and also has good cinematography. This is also the exact age group I would target but not the same demographic group. They use good costumes and it is very believable, also the acting is good. They also have a serious feel to their show, because it isn’t humour and gives a message. Also it is the age group I am targeting and the actors fit the age range, also it is a low budget British show and my production is low budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment